The procedure for submitting a PRODEX project proposal and the rules for its assessment
The PRODEX project proposal shall be submitted via the Czech Space Office on a dedicated form and shall be sent to the address: navrhy.prodexczechspace.cz.
The applicant shall also provide a declaration of the degree of involvement of the project team in other space R&D projects. For the sake of project planning, it is recommended to allow for a cca six months period of applicant/CSO/ESA communication and assessment iterations and finally a contract preparation. The CSO is receiving the project proposals on a permanent basis (no calls issued) and they are assessed by the Czech PRODEX Committee (CPC) on an irregular basis according to following rules:
The rules for assessment of the PRODEX proposals
- The PRODEX programme is primarily aimed for funding of development and manufacturing of scientific instruments or its software, for scientific experiments in space, including the preparation phases with necessary ground-based supporting equipment and software. To secure the scientific benefits of the developed instruments, data analysis and exploitation can be also funded from the PRODEX programme. Only exceptionally, funding of the data analysis also from other than “home-made” scientific instruments can be supported. In all cases, however, the PRODEX project proposal has to be in line with the ESA programme activities.
- The CPC members assess the project proposal according to ad 1) from the Czech scientific priorities and financial aspects points of view. CPC will collect for each proposal two independent expert reviews. The first shall assess the scientific benefits and perspectives and the latter the technical and financial feasibility.
- The financial assessment takes into account the level of proposed investments, travel costs and small equipment and compares them to the requirements, goal and demandingness of the project.
- The industrial development cost is assessed by the “common prices” principle.
- The PRODEX project-salary including insurance for one team member, who is employed by the scientific institute and receiving a regular salary, cannot exceed 8 thousand EUR per year. The limit of a project salary for the scientific institute employee working full-time on the PRODEX project is 20 thousand EUR per year. For projects involving more institute team members, the total project-salary costs cannot exceed 50 thousand EUR, when flight hardware is developed and 30 thousand EUR, when the project concerns only with data analysis. These figures shall be meant only as upper limits and not as regular allowances automatically accepted in all cases. Their allowance shall always be preceded by reasoning and explanation provided by the applicant.
- When the applicant’s organisation is already working on another space project, the CPC takes into account also the degree of involvement of the same project team members working on this project and also, how the applicant manages the already running project.
Czech Space Office
|PRODEX_cestne prohlaseni.doc||290 KB|
|PRODEX_formular navrhu.doc||83.45 KB|